Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Information for employers
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences combines four departments and three research hubs. At present, that comprises approximately 200 academic staff and more than 5,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, making us the largest individual faculty in the University of Portsmouth.
The four schools of the Faculty are the Institute of Criminal Justice Studies, School of Education and Childhood Studies, School of Languages and Area Studies and School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies.
Ways to engage
There are many opportunities to engage students with your organisation:
- Placement Year
- Summer internships
- Short-term work experience
- Employer presentations
- Live project briefs
- Careers Spotlight events
The Faculty offers courses and undertakes research in a range of subjects including:
- And more...
Why take a placement student?
- Access a wider range of talent and manage your workforce planning
- Students can bring fresh ideas to your business, reflecting the next generation of customers and consumers
- Awareness of latest theory, research and practices
- Complete a specific task or project
- A chance to trial a potential future employee - which could lead to reduced recruitment costs
- Provide existing staff with the opportunity to develop supervisory and mentoring skills
- Provides a positive message to your wider workforce about the values of the organisation
- Demonstrates your engagement in the wider community
Find out more
If you would like to discuss the requirements of your organisation and how you can engage with our students, then please contact the Placement and Internship Centre.
- The Placement and Internship Centre, 1.06 Park Building, King Henry I Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- 023 9284 6179 / firstname.lastname@example.org