Faculty of Technology
Dr Georgios Kyritsis
- Role Title: Learning Support Tutor
- Address: Lion Gate Building, Lion Terrace, Portsmouth PO1 3HF UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2008
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Faculty Office
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a Learning Support Tutor providing mathematics support to students in the Faculty of Technology.
I was awarded my PhD degree in Computer Science and Electronic Engineering in 2015 by the University of Essex. My research focused on the operation of semiconductor wavelength-tunable laser diodes in high-speed long-haul optical-fibre networks with the use of powerful simulation software tools, such as Crosslight and VPI.
I completed my MSc in Telecommunications and Information Systems in 2008 at the University of Essex and my BSc in Informatics and Telecommunications in 2007 at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in Greece.
My research interests include the areas of photonics, optoelectronics, optical-fibre communications, digital signal processing, and C++, Java, Python and Matlab programming.