PhD by Publication
- Date: 8 May 2018
- Time: 2.00pm-4.00pm
- Venue: The Graduate School Training Room room 4.09
- Presenter: Martyn Roberts
You’ve done the research: you’ve written the papers; you’ve attended the conferences, presented and defended the results; you’ve listened to the feedback and you’ve had the final versions published in refereed journals.
You’ve done the hard yards: you know about the research process; research philosophy; research methodologies; data analysis and you have a good understanding of the published literature in your discipline. Just one issue, for whatever reason you never got around to doing a PhD. All is not lost. It’s possible to submit your work for the award of PhD by Publication and gain the recognition of a doctorate.
- This seminar will:
- Discuss what a PhD (Publication) is and what it is not
- Review the Regulations on PhD (Publication)
- Take you through the process of registering, writing the commentary and preparing for the assessment (Viva)