Graduation Ceremonies 2018
Ceremonies will take place between Saturday 14 and Friday 20 July 2018.
These ceremonies include all students who have successfully completed their studies by July 2018.
Student Speaker Opportunities – July 2018
If you are graduating in the summer of 2018, you have the opportunity to address colleagues, friends and families at your graduation ceremony as a student speaker.
You will be speaking on behalf of your fellow students but you can share some of your own experiences such as what being a part of the University of Portsmouth community has meant to you. It’s also a great opportunity to thank those who have supported you throughout your studies.
The planning, practice and delivery of the speech require commitment and courage, but this is a fantastic way to both inspire your fellow students and demonstrate personal and professional development to potential employers.
We have one student speaker for each ceremony representing the students attending that ceremony.
Applications open on Tuesday 2 January 2018.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your name
- student id number
- course title
- some information as to why you think you would be an ideal candidate
Applications close on Friday 9 March 2018 (midnight*)
*any applications received after this time may not be considered.
Students will be informed of their results by Friday 6 April.
There will be 2 workshops to attend in late April/early May (dates to be confirmed), which will help you to present yourself confidently and professionally.
Booking to attend graduation ceremonies
How to book
All eligible students will receive an email by the end of the day on Tuesday 20 February 2018 to confirm details on how and when to book.
- Students need to book themselves onto their ceremony. If you do not book your place, we will assume you do not wish to attend.
- When you book your student ticket you’ll also be able to book two additional guaranteed guest tickets for free.
- We’ll confirm the deadline for booking these tickets when we contact you.
- Once the deadline has passed, we’ll assess the remaining tickets, which we’ll then put on sale.
- Tickets will be on sale until the ceremonies are full or the final booking deadline passes (Friday 15 June 2018).
Keeping in touch with you about Graduation
We’ll send most of our communications about Graduation to your university email account.
Please keep an eye out for emails from email@example.com and take action when required. We’ll only email you with important information.