Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
Mr John A Akerele
- Qualifications: BSc (Hons) Computing (Portsmouth University), Master's Degree in Security Management (Distinction) (Portsmouth University)
- Role Title: PhD Student
- Address: Park Building, King Henry 1 Street, Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
John A. Akerele is currently a professional doctorate student in security risk management within the University. He has previously graduated from the University of Portsmouth with a B.Sc. in Computing and an M.Sc. in Security Management.
His thesis focuses on the public perception of door supervisors. Within the designated division of the private security sector, door supervision as undergone criticism and have been regulated. It’s been over a decade since regulation and there has been no research that centres on the patron’s insight on door supervisors. This research will investigate the perception, the reputation and the effect of regulation from the general public’s options.
John is a member of the security institute and currently assisting with lectures within the University of Portsmouth. John has experiences working within the private security sector and the aviation sector in Africa.
My research interests are within security in general which includes
- Aviation security
- Private security sector