Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
Future seminars to be announced soon.
- Criminal Justice and Forgiveness: What Lessons from Theology?
Free public seminar with Andrew Millie, Professor of Criminology, Edge Hill University and Dr Aaron Pycroft, Senior Lecturer in Addiction Studies, Institute of Criminal Justice Studies, 22 March
- Independent police oversight institutions: new developments and international comparison.
Talk by Dr Hartmut Aden, the Berlin School of Economics and Law, 22 February. Download abstract: Independent police oversight institutions.
- Confronting Hate Crime After the Referendum
Panel session, 22 February
Professional Doctorate Public Presentations
- "Private Security Career Paths: Establishing the Foundations of a Structured Progression Model for the Manned Guarding Sector" - Declan Garrett, Professional Doctorate Candidate, 19 Dec 2016
- "A Force for Good: exploring the future of non-crime policing" - Daryl Kenny, Professional Doctorate Candidate, 7 Dec 2016
- "Fatal Call: Decision making at the scene of unexplained death" - Dean Jones, Professional Doctorate Candidate, 2 Dec 2016
- "The thoughtful security practitioner: Exploring reflective practice in security risk management" - Alexander Hasenstab, Professional Doctorate Candidate, 1 Dec 2016
- "All Change in the Age of Alliances! A critical evaluation of contemporary management theory and practice for major collaborative change; comparing policing with the public and private sectors" - James Dale, Professional Doctorate Candidate, 11 Nov 2016