Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
Dr Aaron Pycroft
- Qualifications: Oxford University Special Diploma in Social Administration (Plater College), MA "State, Policy and Social change" (Portsmouth), CCETSW Practice Teaching Award (Southampton), Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (Portsmouth), FHEA, MA, Dip Soc Admin, PG (Cert) TLHE, PhD by Publication (University of Portsmouth)
- Role Title: Reader in Criminal Justice and Social Complexity and Course Leader – DipHE in Community Justice
- Address: St George's Building, 141 High Street, Portsmouth PO1 2HY
- Telephone: 023 9284 5067
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
I have had extensive practice and senior management experience in providing services for people who have drug and alcohol problems and complex needs working in both statutory and non-statutory services. I have worked in ICJS since 2003 and research, write and teach on issues related to drug and alcohol use, theory and interventions.
Within ICJS I have developed and deliver study units related to substance misuse across the programme areas in the department.
- Methodological innovations in research including utilising complexity theory and whole systems approaches
- Ethics and interventions
- Multi-agency working in criminal justice
- Addiction and substance misuse