Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
Dr Craig Collie
- Qualifications: LL.B. (Hons) in Law (Edinburgh), MSc in Forensic Psychology and Criminal Investigation (Liverpool), PhD (Portsmouth)
- Role Title: Lecturer in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Address: Ravelin House, Ravelin Park, Portsmouth, PO1 2QQ
- Telephone: 023 9284 3945
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Craig has been a Lecturer in Criminology and Criminal Justice since September 2016. His main research interests focus on Missing People, with his PhD exploring the differences between attempted and completed cases of stranger child abduction. His research also focuses on Search and Rescue, with a particular interest in Lowland search teams and how they interact with their role.
Craig is also fascinated by law, with his original undergraduate training from Edinburgh focusing on Criminal Law and the law and philosophy of evidence. Utilising this training, Craig is Deputy Leader of the ICJS Criminal Justice Clinic, a student led facility which helps prisoners who maintain their innocence apply to the Criminal Cases Review Commission.
In his role as lecturer, Craig is involved at teaching at all levels throughout the University, from lecturing and seminar leading at undergraduate level, to running research workshops for post-graduates. He is currently designing a unit focusing on Missing Persons, and a unit focusing on Criminal Trials, to be offered to future full-time undergraduate students.
Prior to joining the department, Craig was a Special Constable in Scotland, and was later self-employed as a Private Investigator. Outside the University, Craig is a volunteer Search Technician with Hampshire Search and Rescue.
- Unit Coordinator for Institutions, Processes and Control (Core 1st year, Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Unit Coordinator for Distance learning units on Criminal Law and Criminal Justice.
- Teaches a range of core and optional units across undergraduate courses in Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- Dissertation supervisor for undergraduate and post-graduate students across all criminology programmes
- Personal tutor for undergraduate students
- Missing Persons
- Child Abduction
- Search and Rescue
- Multi-Agency Response
- Criminal Law