Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
Dr Vasileios Karagiannopoulos
- Qualifications: LLB(Hons), LLM, PhD
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer, and Course Leader – BSc (Hons) Criminology and Cybercrime
- Address: Ravelin House, Ravelin Park, Portsmouth, PO1 2QQ
- Telephone: 023 9284 3907
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Vasileios has graduated from Athens Law School and has completed an LLM in Information Technology and Telecommunications Law and a PhD in Law at the University of Strathclyde, School of Law. He has taught IT Law, E-commerce Law and Human Rights modules for the University of Strathclyde and the Edinburgh University Law Schools. He is currently employed by ICJS, Portsmouth University as a Senior Lecturer in Law and Cybercrime.
Vasileios is the Chair of the ICJS Ethics Committee and Alternate Vice-Chair for the FHSS Ethics Committee. He is the director of the Portsmouth Cybercrime Awareness Clinic and will be the course leader for the upcoming new BSc in Criminology and Cybercrime, to be launched in September 2018.
Vasileios currently coordinates and teaches a variety of units on all levels, in the areas of International and Transnational Offending, International Fraud and Corruption, Cybercrime and Law, Issues in Criminal Justice and Online Governance and Regulation.
He also supervises doctorates in the areas of social media and police investigations, cybersecurity in schools as well as more general criminal justice-related topics.
- Information technology law and regulation
- Crime, punishment and new technologies
- Human rights
- Regulation theory
- Critical criminology
- Internet politics and political protest
- Intellectual property law