International Students


Choosing your accommodation.

There's a range of accommodation at the University of Portsmouth, whether you want to stay in halls of residence or choose private rented accommodation. The information below will help you to decide which type of accommodation is right for you. If you would like more details or wish to discuss your options please contact our Student Housing Office:

Halls of Residence

All new international (non-EU and non-exchange) students starting a full-time course in September 2015 are guaranteed an offer of a place in University halls for the first year of study, provided we have received a completed accommodation application form and £250 advanced rent payment in cleared funds by Monday 3 August 2015. Details of how to apply for halls will be sent to students when they hold an Unconditional Firm offer with the University of Portsmouth.

Find out more details and photos of our Halls of Residence

Halls of Residence Information PDF 52KB

Download Halls of Residence information specific to international students


Private Rented Accommodation

The Student Housing Office publish lists of available accommodation, provide a noticeboard for students and landlords to advertise vacancies, and run a programme of house-hunting events. They inspect the properties advertised to ensure that they meet the criteria established by the University for safety standards and facilities. Private rented accomodation can include shared houses, flats/apartments and lodgings. A list of approved lodgings is available from the Student Housing office.

Find out more about private rented accommodation