We look forward to welcoming you.
Arriving in a new country is exciting but we appreciate that it can be a little overwhelming too. That's why we make every effort to support you. To make your journey and arrival as smooth as possible, we've put together some essential advice about preparing to travel and what to do when you arrive as well as highlighted our services that are available to you.
International and EU Orientation Welcome Day - Wednesday 10 January 2018
We hold Orientation for all new international and EU students to help you settle in and make new friends. Our Orientation Programme objectives are to:
- Give you your University Welcome Pack
- Help you find your way around the University and the City
- Tell you about the many support services we offer
- Introduce you to University academic and support staff
- Give you the opportunity to meet other students before term starts
- Provide a selection of social and sporting events to help you make friends
- Help you with any queries you may have
Advice for late arrivals
The term start date and last date for registration is included in your offer letter. Late arrival is not advised and will be detrimental to your studies. You need to seek authority from the University to arrive late by filling out this form at www.port.ac.uk/lateregistration. If you have been offered University accommodation, please contact Student Housing to inform of your late arrival, they will then be able to advise.
Information for new students
There's lots of helpful advice and guidance for new students on our pages dedicated to international and EU students. Here you will find advice on banking and visas, find out what events and excursions are available, and get tips on living and working in the UK. Visit MyPort and use the search tool to answer your queries.