Bursaries for international students.
Global Outreach: Access to Learning (GOAL) Awards are bursaries that give you a 10% fee reduction on your first year of study. It applies to all degree courses with fees of £13,200 or above for 2018 entry.
The award is for self-funding students who are nationals of middle and low income countries, as defined principally by the United Nations Human Development Index - see below for eligible countries. If your country does not appear on this list, please contact us to see if you may be eligible. You do not need to apply for the Award - eligible applicants will be awarded automatically. For more details please email the email@example.com.
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Occupied Palestinian Territories
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
The PassPort Bursary
The PassPort Bursary gives 10% fee reduction for the first year of your study if you are a self-funded international student. It applies to all degree courses with fees of £13,200 and above for 2018 entry. You do not need to apply for the bursary - eligible applicants will be entered automatically. The following countries are eligible for the PassPort Bursary for 2018 entry. If you would like to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions:
- Both of the bursaries have the same terms and conditions. Bursaries are available to self-funding, undergraduate students studying on a full-time course with annual fees of £13,200 or above 2018 entry and all self-funding full-time postgraduate taught and research students
- The award is ONLY for international (non-EU) students for the first year of study at Portsmouth (and is not available to students who have previously undertaken other courses here).
- They take the form of a 10% fee reduction, effective at the time of registration and will only apply to your first year of study.
- They cannot be combined with any other scholarship, discount or fee offer, except the 2% 'prompt payment discount' for students paying their fees in full at the start of the academic session.
- You do not need to apply for these bursaries - eligible applicants will be awarded automatically. The discounted fee will be stated on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS). The CAS is the final document you receive when you have an unconditional offer to study at the University of Portsmouth and have paid your deposit.
- Only applicants who have been assessed as overseas students for tuition fee purposes can access this award. Eligibility is determined by nationality.
- These bursaries will not be available to students pursuing, withdrawing or transferring from courses at International College Portsmouth (ICP)
For more details about scholarships and bursaries contact us