We are happy to consider overseas applications on a case by case basis. As a general guide:
Students with the Azerbaijani Certificate of Secondary Education (Orta tehsil haqqinda attestat) and/or the Vocational Schools and Lyceums Certificate (Peşə Liseyim and Peşə Məktəbi) will normally be required to successfully complete a Foundation Year programme before beginning their undergraduate studies. We offer an Engineering and Technology Foundation Year in our Faculty of Technology. On successful completion of this foundation year, students can transfer to one of a wide range of engineering and technology degrees. Foundation programmes in all other subjects are delivered by our pathway provider International College Portsmouth (ICP)
- Certificate of Secondary School Education (Orta tehsil haqqinda attestat) , with an average 3.5/5.0, plus completion of a recognised Foundation programme, or
- At least 1 year of degree-level study at a recognised university, with an average grade of good/excellent (3.5/5.0), if you have completed 1 or 2 years of study at a recognised institution, you may be eligible for Year 1 entry. You might be considered for Advance Entry to our Year 2 level if you have completed over 3 years of study at a recogised institution with good/excellent average grade, or
- Student with Vocational and Technical Colleges certificates (Kolleci and Texnikum), high achievingstudents may be accepted into Year 2 level of the relevant Bachelor degree, or
- Good UK A-level Grades (This will be based on UCAS tariff point equivalency, including subject specific requirements where appropriate), or
- Between 24 and 31 points in the International Baccalaureate (IB), depending on the specific degree course being applied for
Students with the following qualification can apply for Master degrees at our university: High grades (over 70% average) in the Bakalavr, Specilalist Diploma or Magistr from a recognised university. All applications are considered on an individual basis and students may be admitted to a Masters programme with a lower level degree if they have work experience relevant to the degree applied for. Pre-master programmes are available at ICP International College Portsmouth (ICP) for a number of courses. For entry onto our MBA, students will also need at least 3 years relevant work experience after graduation in a managerial or supervisory capacity. Work experience is also required for several other postgraduate courses and many courses will require you to have studied relevant subjects. Please see our courses for more details.
Please visit our Graduate School pages for information on specific areas of research.
English Language Requirements:
We accept IELTS, IGCSE and several other certificates. The required score will depend on your level of entry and your chosen course. Please visit English language requirements for more details. We offer Pre-sessional English language programmes for applicants who do not yet meet the required English level for entry onto our degree courses. Please contact the British Council in Baku for English Tests/exams available and for further information on English language requirements.
Details about scholarships and bursaries can be found on the relevant pages.
International Alumni Referral Awards
We know that the best promotion is 'word of mouth'. We also know that if students have a good experience at Portsmouth, they will tell their friends, family and colleagues - and sometimes, as a result, one of those people decides to come and study at the University of Portsmouth. We want to formally recognise this assistance in recommending that person to the University of Portsmouth.
The International Alumni Referral Award (IARA) scheme is for current and former University of Portsmouth students who refer an applicant to study here. We reward the current/former student with £400 if their application results in a registration.
How does the scheme work?
Please use the following form:
Please download and complete the International Alumni Referral Award Form above. You must ensure that the International Alumni Referral Award Form is attached to the online application when it is submitted. When you are submitting the online application, please select IARA from the agent drop-down menu and attach a copy of the completed IARA Form with the 'Supported Documents Area'.
Please note: we cannot link the application to you after we have received the application and it has been input into the University's Admissions System.
If you have any questions about this scheme, please email us.
If you would like to apply to the University of Portsmouth, please contact our representative in Azerbaijan for information and advice:
Azeredu Baki International Education Center
Azeri Student Ltd
Nobel pr 15, Azure Business Centre
20th Floor, Office 135, Baku
Tel: +994 12 488 6135
Caspian Plaza, 1st Block, 6th Floor, Baku
Contact person: Isgandar Aghayev
Tel: +994 70 969 5717