We are happy to consider overseas applications on a case by case basis. As a general guide:
You will require a Foundation year if you hold one of the following as they are not sufficient for entry onto our undergraduate programmes at Portsmouth:
- Cameroon GCE O-level
- Certificat d'Aptitude Professionnelle
We recommend students take a foundation programme at our partner college, International College Portsmouth (ICP):
To be considered for an undergraduate degree, you should also hold one of the following:
- Cameroon Baccalauréat with a score of 11/12 and above
- Baccalauréat de Technicien with a score of 11/12 and above
- Brevet de Technicien with a score of 11/12 and above
- Diplôme d'Ingenieur (Diploma of Agronomy Engineering)
- Brevet d'Etudes Professionnelles with a score of 11/12 and above
- Minimum of Grade C in Cameroon GCE Advanced Levels (Anglophone System)
- You many be considered for final year (top-up) or second year entry if you have one of the following qualifications:
- Diplôme Universitaire de Technologie
- Diplôme d'Etudes universitaires générales (DEUG)
- Diplôme d'Etat de Technicien
- Brevet de Technicien Supérieur (BTS)
- Higher National Diploma
Please note: detailed transcripts must be provided
For entry onto our Masters programmes, we will consider your average GPA from your bachelor degree, depending on whether it is out of 4 or 5, although each application is considered on a case by case basis.
- For entry onto Postgraduate courses a Diplôme d'Ingenieur, a Diplôme from an Ecole Supérieure de Commerce/Gestion/Politique, a Licence or a Maîtrise ie required with minimum GPA of 11/20
- 2.5 or above in Anglophone C.G.P.A system from University of Beau
- Diplôme d'Etudes Supérieures (Diploma of Advanced Studies) 2+1+1
Students with a lower GPA will require a Pre-Masters course, delivered by our partner college on campus, International College Portsmouth (ICP) (full contact details above).
For entry onto our MBA International, students will also need at least 3 years relevant work experience after graduation in a managerial or supervisory capacity. Work experience is also required for several other postgraduate courses and many courses will require you to have studied relevant subjects. Please see our courses for more details.
Students holding a good Masters Degree will be considered for PhD study upon submission of a research proposal. Please visit our Graduate School pages for information on specific areas of research.
English Language requirements:
Cameroon students who hold English Grade C at Cameroon GCE O-level are accepted in lieu of IELTS.
If there is no evidence of the above, you will need to take an English qualification. We accept IELTS, IGCSE and several other certificates. The required score will depend on your level of entry and your chosen course. Please visit English language requirements for more details. We offer Pre-sessional English language programmes for applicants who do not yet meet the required English level for entry onto our degree courses.
International Alumni Referral Awards
We know that the best promotion is 'word of mouth'. We also know that if students have a good experience at Portsmouth, they will tell their friends, family and colleagues - and sometimes, as a result, one of those people decides to come and study at the University of Portsmouth. We want to formally recognise this assistance in recommending that person to the University of Portsmouth.
The International Alumni Referral Award (IARA) scheme is for current and former University of Portsmouth students who refer an applicant to study here. We reward the current/former student with £400 if their application results in a registration.
How does the scheme work?
Please use the following form:
Please download and complete the International Alumni Referral Award Form above. You must ensure that the International Alumni Referral Award Form is attached to the on-line application when it is submitted. When you are submitting the online application, please select IARA from the agent drop-down menu and attach a copy of the completed IARA Form with the 'Supported Documents Area'.
Please note: we cannot link the application to you after we have received the application and it has been input into the University's Admissions System.
If you would like to apply to study at the University of Portsmouth, please contact one of our representatives for your country:
Link Education International
Ghana St, Vilen Pharmacy
PO Box 249 Nkwen-Bamenda
North West Province, Republic of Cameroon
Tel: +237 7481 7969 or +237 9712 2892
World Student Advisors
Douala Office 449 Rue Dika
Mpondo Opp. College Integ
Akwa, Douala, Cameroon
Phone: +237 (0) 233 424 106
WhatsApp: +237 (0) 677 530 169