Learning at Work
Accounting for Non-Accountants
This course provides an overview of key financial and accounting issues relating to land, property and construction. It provides both a refresher and an introduction to the world of company accounts. You will develop an understanding of the role of accounting, financial accounting, financial reporting and management accounting.
The learning outcomes of this course provide an understanding of:
- explain the context and purpose of financial and management accounting
- understanding balance sheets and profit and loss accounts
- account classification and recording transactions
- key financial statement ratio analyses
- interpreting company accounts using property/construction case studies
Garland Jaskiewicz has had a progressive career in business and finance spanning over 25 years. This includes public practice accountancy at KPMG and Ernst & Young in the USA as well as self-employed financial consultancy in a number of other countries.
Garland Jaskiewicz BSc CPA, Visiting Lecturer in Accounting, University of Portsmouth
The Hog’s Back Hotel Farnham GU10 1EX
Wednesday 28 November 2018, 9:20am–12:40pm