Learning at Work
Commercial Property Law: An update
Commercial property is complex area of the law covering a wide range of issues and subject to frequent change. This course considers key risks and changes in the law affecting acquisition and development of land and commercial landlord and tenant law. Please note the contents of this course may change to take account of changes in the law.
The course covers:
- acquisition and development of land
- recent developments in the law of covenants and easements (including rights to light)
- adverse possession
- commercial landlord and tenant law
- forfeiture; waiver and relief from forfeiture
- landlords’ rights against tenants in administration
- break rights; avoiding the pitfalls
- update on energy legislation
Emily Walsh is a qualified solicitor and property lawyer. She joined the University in 2010 and is a regular CPD presenter.
Emily Walsh MA PhD LLB Solicitor, University of Portsmouth
The Potters Heron Hotel near Romsey SO51 9ZF
Wednesday 14 March 2018, 1:50pm–5:10pm