University Library Extension
The new Library extension is now complete.
The building was handed over to the University on 22 December 2006 and the new entrance was opened to students and staff on 8 January 2007. An article about the new extension, published at the beginning of 2008 by the Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals, is now available on the Library website. You can read the article and associated footnotes
The new extension was officially opened by crime fiction writer P. D. James on Wednesday 31 January.
- View pictures of the new Library extension.
- Read the Opening Speech given by P.D. James
- Read the home page feature article about the new extension
The Extension project
|University Library extension educational brief||[Acrobat (.pdf) - 53 kb - 05.07.2012]|
- Plans and drawings for the new extension
- Photographs taken in early 2005, before work starts.
- Photographs taken during construction
- Clearing the way for the new extension
- Laying the foundations
- Work starts on the seminar rooms
- Ground floor taking shape
- The first bit of roof
- Work starts on the first floor
- Work starts on the second floor
- Moving out of the old building
- The building takes shape
- A first look inside
- A look from the outside