Mission Statement and Strategic Aims
The University Library provides integrated library and information services in support of the University's overall aims and objectives, as embodied in the mission statement and strategic plan. Paying due regard to the need for cost effectiveness, the University Library will continue to be responsive to user demand and proactive in the development of services and use of new technology.
- To liaise with relevant groups and individuals within the University and beyond to ensure an informed and integrated approach to the delivery of information services
- To select, acquire, organise and provide access to relevant published information, in all forms, to support learning, teaching, and research & innovation
- To engage in activities to promote the effective and critical use of information
- To provide a responsive and flexible enquiry service
- To participate in provision for the wider local, regional and national needs for library and information services
- To continually evaluate services and resource provision to ensure relevance and cost effectiveness