Food & Drink
You may eat light snacks anywhere on the Ground and First Floors. Messy or aromatic foods such as french fries, noodles, pizza, and curries are not allowed. Library staff will determine which food and drink items are acceptable.
Clients who do not comply with the food policy may be asked to leave the Library.
- Outside the area extending beyond the Café in at the front of Area 0B, all drinks must be in lidded cups or bottles to prevent serious spills.
- Recycle your rubbish, disposing of food and drink into the colour coded bins provided. Most Library bins are green recycling bins. These can only accept recyclable materials, including food packaging and empty cups and lids. Please pour any unconsumed liquids into the blue section of the larger 3-sectional bins. Any uneaten food and fruit peel/cores go in the black bin sections.
- Alcoholic drinks are not allowed in the Library.
- Keep drinks away from electronic sockets and equipment to prevent damage. You may be charged for deliberately or negligently causing damage to Library materials, furnishings or equipment.
- Please leave your workspace clear and clean for the person who wishes to work there after you.