You are here: Help & Support - Student/Staff Cards

Your Student/Staff Card

Current Card

Campus Card

Card pre-April 2012

campus card pre april 2012

It is essential that you have a student/staff card as it identifies you as a member of the University of Portsmouth.

On student/staff cards issued after April 2012, your library number is in the box in the bottom left corner. On student/staff cards issued prior to April 2012, the library number is printed along the right hand edge, beneath the bar code.

** You must bring your student/staff card when you visit the Library **

You should carry your student/staff card with you at all times whilst on University premises.

If you have lost your student/staff card, you will need to get a replacement copy as soon as possible. Please see the 'frequently asked questions' for guidance on how to get a replacement student/staff card.

If you forget your student/staff card, you can use our temporary card kiosk to obtain a 24 hour temporary pass. This temporary pass gives you access to the Library turnstiles only: it does not give you access to any of the Library or IT services that require your student/staff card (for example, you will not be able to borrow books without your card). You can apply for up to 12 temporary passes each Academic Year (August – July each year).

Distance Learners

Distance Learners should apply for a card using the online system. Once processed, your card will be sent out to you by your teaching department. If there is any problem with your card, or you do not receive one, please contact your department in the first instance - they will advise you what (if anything) you need to do next.

Please note that library registration and its associated benefits are available to students registered with the University and on certain collaborative programmes only. Unfortunately we cannot offer access to all our collaborative partner students.

Part-time and Placement Students

You need to join the library as per the instructions on our Library Membership page.

Replacement Cards or Other Problems

Should you lose or damage your card, you can request a replacement. There is a charge for this service. Information Services provide a comprehensive page of student/staff card issues and solutions.

Members of Staff and External readers

Members of staff in the University of Portsmouth are issued a Staff card.

Visitors who have applied for External membership  of the Library are issued an External Reader card. 

Submitted by: