Where's Your Zone
We want all students to have a great place to study and research and we realise that what suits one student doesn't always suit another. The Library therefore has zoning throughout, with different activities permitted in different zones.
- No smoking within the library or around the entrance area as indicated on the exterior of the building
- No alcohol on library premises
- All users have a right to study without unnecessary disturbance or distraction
- All users have a responsibility to respect the rights of others (both staff and students)
- Carry your student/staff card with you at all times and produce it on request
- Handle all library materials with care
- Drinks must be in lidded containers in the library
- Place litter in bins provided
- Log out of computers if you take a break so others may use them while you are away
On the ground floor, first floor and in 3rd Space in the Student Centre next door you can work on your own or in groups amid an energising buzz of activity.
Individual silent study
The second floor is an Individual Silent Study Zone: a haven for silently studying on your own without distractions.
Please take the time to find the study area that is right for you.