Group Study Rooms
The following Library facilities can be booked for use by groups who need to work together on projects:
6 group study rooms
- Located on the 1st and 2nd floors
- Each room can be booked for between 3 and 6 people: they may not be used for individual study
- Located on the ground floor.
- Can be booked for a group (seats up to 11 people): this may not be used for individual study.
- Includes projector and pc for use by the group
- Each room can be booked for a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 2 hours.
- You can make a maximum of 7 bookings a week.
- The person who booked the room should be present for the whole of the booking period and remains responsible for the group’s use of the room during the booking.
- Please clear your room 5 minutes prior to the end of the booking period, so it is ready for the next group.
Booking Using the Kiosk
- Bookings can be made up to 14 days in advance, using the kiosk.
- When you make a booking on the kiosk, you will be issued a receipt noting the room number, date & time and your PIN. You will need to keep the receipt until you are ready to claim your room. You can share the PIN with the other members of your group.
- Bookings can be made up to 14 days in advance, using the online booking system.
- When you make a booking online, you must take a note of the room number, date & time and your PIN as you will need it to claim your room. You can share the PIN with the other members of your group.
- To claim your room, go to the room you have booked. The door controller will read Room booked and ready. Scan card. Scan your campus card on the door controller; you will then be asked to key in the PIN.
- If you are not able to claim the room in person, another member of your group can scan their campus card and key in the PIN.
- If a room is not claimed within 15 minutes of the booked time it will be freed up for booking by other users. You will be asked to leave the room if someone else books it.
Booking Using the Door Controller
- You can book yourself into a room using the door controller at any time, providing no-one else has booked the room online, and after 15 minutes if the group who booked it do not turn up. The door controller will show Room available. Scan card.
- Scan your campus card on the door controller: if the room is available, you will be offered options to book for 1 hour, for 2 hours or until the room is next booked.
I no longer need the booking: what can I do?
- If you no longer need the room, please go onto the online booking system and cancel the booking. This frees up the session for another person and it means that you will not be recorded on the system as ‘no show’ for this booking.
- If you have too many ‘no shows’, you will be prevented from using the booking system for a period of time.