Terms & Conditions
Your walk-in account allows you access to University online journals, ebooks and other information services where licences permit.
Your walk-in access is on the basis that you agree to accept the following terms and conditions:
- These conditions are in addition to our standard Library rules and regulations which apply to all Library users.
- You are responsible for this walk-in account and all activity carried out using this login.
- You must therefore keep these details confidential and secure. You must not share or give your login username and password to anyone else.
- Always log out completely when you have finished using your computer.
- Your walk-in access may only be used to access online resources whilst on library premises.
- Your walk-in access must be used in accordance with the University's Computer Use Regulations, Policies and Guidelines including the Computer Misuse Act (1990), the JANET AUP and the law.
- User activity is monitored. This is for the purpose of ensuring the correct operation of the service, fair allocation of resources and other lawful purposes.
- You must comply with any stated license conditions for a particular resource. Electronic resources may be used for educational or personal research. You must not use these resources for commercial activities.
- You must not use the services in a way that is considered abusive, offensive, obscene, indecent or menacing; part of a hoax; causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to anyone; or which may violate or infringe the rights of any person; or to commit a fraud or criminal offence.
- Any reports or incidents received or monitored by the University, regarding unauthorized, illegal access or breach of this Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate disconnection from the service, pending further investigations or disciplinary procedures. Where necessary, information will be passed on to the relevant authorities (including the publisher/service provider)
- The University may limit and/or terminate walk-in access at its discretion.
Please also note the following:
- You will not have access to print facilities in the Library. Please either download information onto a portable device or email to a personal email account, as appropriate. This downloaded or emailed material is still subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- For assistance you should refer to the Library website or the online help pages of the resource you are using. University staff are only able to provide minimal support to walk-in users.
Version 1, 2016-05-20