Marketing and Sales
Dr Meng-Shan Sharon Wu
- Qualifications: PhD in Marketing, Royal Holloway University of London (2016); FAHEA; Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice in Teaching and Learning (inSTIL) Royal Holloway University of London (2006); Higher Education Lecturer Certificate (HEC) by Ministry of Higher Education (2004), Taiwan; MBA in Marketing & International Business, Willamette University, U.S.A (2003); BA in Economics, University of Oregon, U.S.A (2001)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844256
- Email: Sharon.email@example.com
- Department: Marketing and Sales
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Dr Sharon Wu obtained her first degree in Economics at University of Oregon, a master’s degree in Business Administration Management from Atkinson Business School, Willamette University in U.S.A., and holds a PhD from Royal Holloway, University of London, UK. Before Sharon joined Portsmouth Business School, Sharon regularly perform undergraduate and postgraduate teachings in branding and marketing related subjects (Fashion Management, Fashion Marketing, Luxury Brand Management, Critical Thinking & Research Skills, Consumer Behaviour, and Advertising & Promotion) at University of Southampton and Royal Holloway, University of London.
Prior to becoming an academic, Sharon worked for companies in the beauty industry as senior marketing consultant over 10 years where she extended a wealth experience in sales and marketing especially in cosmetics sector.
Sharon’s research interest includes consumer behaviour, digital marketing, eWoM, branding, in-game advertising and luxury related subjects. Her works have been appeared in Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, and Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal, Academy of Marketing, Monaco Symposium on Luxury, and Collogue Luxe et ContrefaconI.
- International Marketing & Export Trade
- Critical Thinking & Research Skills
Sharon’s research interests are as follows:
- Luxury Consumer Behaviour
- Digital Marketing
- Consumer Purchase Intention
Nguyen, B., Wu, M.S. S., and Chen, C.H. S. (2017) “How Does Self-Concept & Brand Personality Affect Luxury Consumers’ Purchasing Decisions, in Springer’s Handbook on Luxury Fashion Retailer Management” edited by Choi, T.M., and Shen, B. (eds.), Publishing by Springer Science & Business Media [ISBN 978-981-10-2976-9]
Wu, M.S. S., and Chen, C.H. S. (2016) “Chinese Female Purchasing Intention Towards Cosmetics Brands, in Asia Branding: Connecting Brands, Consumers and Companies” edited by Melewar, T. C., Nguyen, B., and Schultz, D. E. (eds.), Publishing by Palgrave Macmillan [ISBN 978-1-1374-8995-1]
Chen, C.H. S., Lin, F-F., & Wu, M.S. S. (2016) “Luxury Consumption and Self-Concept in the Digital Age”, Southampton Business School Small Research Fund, Funded by University of Southampton (£5,000)