Marketing and Sales
Professor Andrew Parsons
- Qualifications: Doctor of Philosophy, Marketing, University of Auckland, 2004; Master of Commerce (Hons), Management, University of Auckland, 1988.
- Role Title: Professor and Head of Marketing
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844017
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Marketing and Sales
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Previously Professor of Retailing and foundation head of a similar department in New Zealand, Andrew has joined the University of Portsmouth as the new Head of Marketing and Sales Management. Recognised internationally as an expert in shopper responses to stimuli, Andrew has published a significant number of studies in the marketing and retailing areas, making him a sought after speaker to industry, Government advisor and legal expert witness. He passionately believes in the interaction of research, teaching, and industry/community engagement.
Professor Parsons is a past recipient of numerous teaching accolades, including a prestigious Distinguished Teaching Award, and has supervised a number of postgraduate theses (PhD and Masters) to completion with most students successfully publishing their work in leading journals. He is available for doctoral supervision in all areas of consumer/shopper oriented research.
- Shopper responses to retail marketing stimuli
- Sensory stimuli
- Critical thinking in marketing and retailing
- Social/societal marketing and behaviour change
- Physiological measurement of shopper responses
- Food marketing and development
- Streetscapes and environmental effects on decision-making