Mechanical Behaviour of Materials
Dr Andrea Bucchi
- Qualifications: MEng Astronautic Engineering (2012), PhD Aerospace Engineering (2009), MEng Aerospace Engineering (2003)
- Role Title: Associate Head (Research and Innovation) and Senior Lecturer
- Address: Anglesea Building, Anglesea Road, Portsmouth PO1 3DJ UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2401
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Engineering
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am Senior Lecturer in Engineering Sciences in the School of Engineering and member of the Biomechanical Engineering Research Group and Thermo-Fluid, Petroleum and Energy Engineering Research Group. I joined University of Portsmouth – School of Engineering in July 2011. I was, previously a Research Fellow at the University of Southampton from February 2009 to May 2011, working on the wave energy device Anaconda.
I obtained a Masters Degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Rome “La Sapienza” in 2003. I received my PhD in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Rome “La Sapienza” in 2009. The title of my dissertation was “A FEM Study of Fluid Active Structure Interaction for Space Applications”. I attained a second Masters Degree in Astronautic Engineering from the University of Rome “La Sapienza” in July 2012.
- Engineering Principles
- Engineering Sciences
- Technology Concepts
- Materials, Solid Mechanics and Dynamics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
My research interests are in numerical methods and computational modelling using finite element method for:
- fluid-structure interaction
- structural mechanics including hyper-elastic and piezoelectric materials.
- incompressible fluid.
- wave energy device
- energy harvesting using piezoelectric material
I like programming especially related to numerical methods and finite element. My most recent research interest is in the application of fluid-structure interaction to blood vessels.