Operations and Systems Management
Dr Kate James
- Qualifications: PhD Operational Research, Swansea University.
- Role Title: Teaching Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE Room: Burnaby Terrace 1.04
- Telephone: 02392844082
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Operations and Systems Managementy
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
I have been a lecturer in Quantitative Methods at the University of Portsmouth since September 2013. I hold a PhD in Operational Research from University of Wales, Swansea, which looked at measuring efficiency in NHS Trusts using Data Envelopment Analysis. Following my PhD, I spent 9 years as a Government Operational Research Service analyst, working in the Department of Education and Employment, the Department of Trade and Industry and the Border Agency. During this time, I worked on diverse projects such as the development of a value-added measure for 16-18 year olds, forecasting air passenger traffic demand, analysing performance ratings by gender and ethnicity and forecasting nationality applications.
Quantitative Methods and Decision Analysis; Quantitative Methods for Accountants; Business Intelligence (SAP BW and SAP Hana); Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (Advanced Microsoft Excel and SAP S/4 Hana).