Operations and Systems Management
Dr Michael Wood
- Qualifications: NSc, MSc (Sussex), DPhil (Oxford)
- Role Title: Visiting Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 0239844060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Operations and Systems Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
Until recently I was a Principal lecturer at the University of Portsmouth, and a member of the Centre for Enterprise Research and Innovation (CERI). I have an academic background in mathematics, statistics, education and philosophy of sicence, which means I can bring a broad perspective to business problems.
I have worked on a range of consultancy projects, and an training courses, for a wide range of organisations on a variety of topics. These included statistical process control, and various other areas of statistical, mathematical and computer modelling.
I am an active researcher with over 60 publications in academic books and journals, including the Journal of Operational Research Society, Organisational Research Methods, Marketing Letters, the Journal of Information Sicence, the Journal of Statistics Education, and the Higher Education Review.