Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
Dr Yvonne Rueckert
- Qualifications: Degree level studies Sociology (University of Leipzig, Germany) Masters degree (equivalent) in Sociology (Diplom-Soz.), (University of Bamberg, Germany) Post-Graduate Diploma (University of Oviedo, Spain) PhD (University of Kassel, Germany and University of Oviedo, Spain) PGCHEP (University of Bradford)
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: tbc
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I am a Senior Lecturer in International Employment Relations and I previously held the post of Lecturer in Human Resource Management at the University of Bradford Management School. I studied sociology at the Universities of Leipzig and Bamberg (Germany) and at the University of Oviedo (Spain). I have held several research and teaching posts at the University of Bochum (Germany), University of Oviedo (Spain) and NUI Galway (Ireland). I was awarded a 3-year PhD scholarship from the prestigious German research foundation Friedrich Ebert Stiftung and a 1-year scholarship from the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science. The PhD focused on the issue of international labour standards and the dialogue between the global unions and the international financial institutions (World Bank and IMF). My general research focus is on international comparative employment relations and organization theory.
As a full-time lecturer I have developed modules and supported programme development and I taught on several different modules including Human Resource Management; International HRM; Transformation of Work, European Employment Policy; International and Comparative Employment Relations, Employee Relations and Research Methods (the latter mainly focusing on qualitative methods).
My research interests cover a wide range of human resource management and employment relations issues in national and international settings. I have a particular interest in the changing context of work, the structure of work and organisations, the regulation of employment in multinational companies and particularly global union organizations and their strategies as well as various aspects of human resource management and international human resource management.