Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
Mrs Karen Harman
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) Business Administration (1st) ACIPD, FHEA.
- Role Title: Senior Teaching Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE (Office: Burnaby Terrace, room 0.21)
- Telephone: 02392 844146
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
My background is in Financial Services with over 17 years’ experience of various roles in Retail Banking. Director of a financial services company with a wealth of management experience and professional qualifications. I decided to pursue further academic qualifications and I am currently in the process of writing up the thesis for my PhD in Professionalism. Additional responsibilities include Course Leadership for the PG Dip in Human Resource Development and Training Management.
My main teaching activities relate to the Postgraduate professional courses including HRD & TM, I also have a wealth of experience of teaching on a range of undergraduate Business programmes including People Resourcing, Equality and Diversity Management, Employability, Research and Managing People in Organisations. I have supervised numerous Postgraduate and Undergraduate Dissertations and Research Projects to a successful conclusion.
I am currently a PhD candidate studying with the University of Portsmouth. My research examines stalled professionalism, professional identity and the changing regulatory landscape utilising will-writers as a case study.