Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
Dr Valerie Anderson
- Qualifications: PhD; MEd; BA
- Role Title: Reader
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844029
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
My academic career was preceded by extensive HRM and HRD management and consultancy experience in a range of different public and private sector organisations. I specialise in learning and development in work organisations, particularly managerial coaching; how professionals (including academic professionals) learn; and organisational issues associated with strategic human resource development and the evaluation, measurement and assessment of learning. I am a committed researcher-practitioner. For me the best research and the best professional practice occur when both aspects are brought together to challenge received wisdom in order to develop knowledge and understanding. I am a co-leader of the Portsmouth Business School Business Education Research Group (BERG). BERG engages in interdisciplinary research and evidence-based practice relating with excellence in Business Education within the University, with academic professionals in other HEIs and with employers. I am course director of the Doctorate in Business Administration Programme and academic lead for the Integrated Doctorate within Portsmouth Business School.
I lead the teaching on a number of University Graduate School workshops and events which are aimed at the support and development of research degree students across the university. My teaching within the Business School focuses on research methods, human resource development, learning and training.
My current research interests are focused in four areas:
- Strategic Human Resource Development
- Doctoral Education and Development
- Continuous Professional Development
- The evaluation, assessment and measurement of training and education