Portsmouth Business School
Non-Levy Paying Organisations
Want to grow your business? - Non-Levy Paying businesses can benefit from Degree Apprenticeships too!
As a business with a pay bill of less than £3m you will NOT be subject to paying 0.5 per cent levy for apprenticeships. That does not mean that you need to miss out in developing your existing talent or recruiting new talent to degree level to help grow your business. There are generous government incentives which mean that for £900 per year you can support a degree apprentice.
Since providing our first Degree Apprenticeship cohort 2016, BA (Hons) Business Leadership and Managementdegree (Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship) local businesses have been enjoying the success it brings - (have a look at our testimonials from our current cohort of students).
Businesses in Portsmouth have asked us to expand our range of courses offered so we are currently working as providers within the trailblazing teams to launch further business related Degree Apprenticeships for September 2017 at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
The degree apprenticeship team wish to work closely with businesses in the area, through the manager/owner, degree apprentices and outside mentors to ensure that maximum benefit is gained in what is learnt directly into the work place. Therefore, through this three way relationship we can identify meaningful projects and assignments that are relevant to your growing business through our strong focus on work based learning at degree level.
We know how busy you are so we will help you to recruit
- We can provide further information to ensure that the Degree Apprenticeship will reflect your business’ needs
- We can advise on selection criteria to be eligible for the Degree Apprenticeship courses, We can provide further information regarding the course – the design and delivery
- We can provide support with the recruitment programme - from attraction to selection
- We can guide you through the funding
If you call our Business Services and Research Office (BSRO) on +44 (0) 23 9284 4488 we can arrange for a member of the Degree Apprenticeship team to visit you at your organisation.
Can your business...
- Provide an Apprentice full-time employment (30 hours per week) and an employment contract
- Release the Degree Apprentice from their work environment for 36 teaching days per year – for only 1 day per week for 10 weeks each term (3 terms) plus two induction day each term
- Ensure line managers are supportive of their studies – helping to identify appropriate work-based problems, supporting the apprentice to practice their new skills.
- If available, to suggest appropriate mentors, if is a manager’s first opportunity to mentor and apprentice the University can support with training (free two day course during summer period)
Cost to you
As a non-levy paying organisation you would pay £900 per year and the government fund £8,100 per year.
If you are a business with 49 or few employees you would pay the above, but would pay zero for the following:
- Apprentice is 16-18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
- Apprentice between 19 and 24 having a local authority care plan or in their care (furuher details can be provided
We would welcome you to join us at our annual Business Conference Day where we showcase the Degree Apprentices achievements and also join our Business Community at Hot topic events.