Portsmouth Business School
- Qualifications: BA (Hons) Economics, MSc (Econ) (Lon), MEd (Equality and Diversity), PgCert Online and Distance Learning, PGCE, Cert TEFL,FHEA.
- Role Title: Study Support Team Leader
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392 844007
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Portsmouth Business School
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I joined PBS, as a study support tutor, in September 2011. I was one of the first study support tutors in PBS and set up the service with my colleague. From 2006 to 2010 I worked as a Senior Research Associate/Learning Support Tutor/Educational Developer, for Foundation Direct, one of the Centres of Excellence in Teaching and Learning, based at UoP. This role involved piloting and researching the role of learning support tutors in higher education. Before joining UoP I spent 13 years teaching economics, European studies and IT in a further education college in Brixton, London. Before that I worked for the NHS and London Underground, in administrative roles.
I am the second year tutor for the Study Support team, supporting students to further develop the skills they have gained during their first year, or in other educational environments. My role also involves helping to introduce new skills that help students move into the final year comfortably. I am particularly keen to meet students who have entered the University of Portsmouth in the second year, as I can help them to understand what is expected from them in this university.