Portsmouth Business School
The placement programme offers many benefits to you as a student, including:
- Offering you a range of new situations that will assist in the development of practical and personal skills.
- Enable you to appreciate the importance of working relationships and their contribution to the organisation’s activities.
- Enhance your knowledge of business practice and reinforce or question the content of your academic study.
- Develop a wider understanding of the national and international business environment.
- Help you to understand that work experience is as important as acquiring academic knowledge.
- Certificate of Professional Practice; indicates to employers that you have the key workplace skills to succeed in the competitive graduate market.
Max Doherty’s placement year was with IBM, a multinational technology and consulting corporation. This not only helped him to achieve a first-class degree but also helped him obtain a summer internship and secure a place on Barclays Graduate Programme.
Charlotte Hall’s placement year was with Volkswagen Group UK Ltd, who market and sell car brands such as Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA and VW Commercial Vehicles, to name a few. Charlotte has now been offered a place on the Whitbread HR Graduate Scheme upon graduation.
Katy Morris’s placement year was with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) at their Global Head Office. GSK is split into three businesses: pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer products. Katy has been given a great foundation for her future career in either business or law.
Daniel Warling’s placement year was with GE Healthcare, a leading provider of healthcare solutions and part of the wider General Electric organisation, which is one of the world’s largest corporations with divisions in aviation and energy among others. Daniel has now been fortunate enough to secure a HR graduate offer with Virgin Media.