Portsmouth Business School
Current Research Fellows and Research Professors
Dr Rita Fontinha
- Qualifications: Phd, MSc
- Role Title: Research Fellow
- Address: Richmond Building Portland Street Portsmouth PO1 3DE
- Telephone: 02392844217
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management
- Faculty: Portsmouth Business School
I joined the University of Portsmouth in February 2013 as a Research Fellow in the Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management subject group. I dedicate most of my time to research, although I also teach research methods and give guest lectures on organisational behaviour and statistics.
I have a Joint PhD from the University of Lisbon (Faculty of Psychology) and the University of Leuven (KU Leuven – Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences). My PhD dissertation is entitled “Human Resource Management in Triangular Employment Relationships” and includes empirical research on human resource management and the affective organisational commitment of temporary agency workers and outsourced workers.
I was also a visiting researcher at the Rotterdam School of Management – Erasmus Research Institute of Management.
Prior to becoming a full time researcher, I worked in HR departments in areas such as performance appraisal, selection and training.
I published some of my studies in international books and journals and presented my work
in several conferences, such as EAWOP (Santiago de Compostela - 2009 and Maastricht
- 2011), ICOH-WOPS (Amsterdam - 2010), EGOS (Helsinki - 2012) and the Academy of
Management Meeting (Boston, MA - 2012).
My main research interests are:
• alternative work arrangements;
• human resource management;
• organisational commitment;
• job insecurity.