Portsmouth Business School
The benefits of consultancy from SAP Next-Gen Portsmouth
SAP Next-Gen Innovation Lab Portsmouth offers benefits to both its company partner and its students/graduates. These benefits are highlighted below:
For Company Partners
- Software Taster Sessions via our Business Services and Research Office (BSRO) - companies can send employees to try software using a range of case studies to test business processes in functional areas like sales and distribution, procurement, production planning, financial and management accounting, plus human resources. SAP S/4HANA ERP software is available to try out in this way, and to compare its form and function against other ERP systems, including the older SAP ERP 6.08.
- Proof of Concept Systems Access - SAP Next-Gen Innovation Lab Portsmouth is able to arrange for proof of concept systems to be made available via the University Competence Centre at the Technical University of Munich, so that companies can try out S/4HANA or HANA at very low costs. This arrangement is administered by BSRO.
- Access to SAP-experienced students - each year hundreds of Business School students graduate with reasonably developed SAP skills in ERP, business intelligence and analytics. To this we are adding CRM and Hybris Marketing skills over the next academic year, with other systems (SAP Success Factors and SAP Ariba being those under consideration). To learn more about Student SAP Skills that they can acquire through extra-curricular study via SAP Learning Hub, and profiles of students willing to consider working for companies that need SAP skills, please see the 'Student Academy' section of this website.
- Access to Student Problem Solvers - each year, hundreds of Business School and School of Computing students take part in InnoJams, where a company partner provides a problem that they wish to be solved using 'design thinking' and 'problem-based learning' methodologies in groups by second and third year undergraduate students.
For students and graduates
- Online Extra-curricular courses - both the open SAP MOOC platform, and SAP Learning Hub (student and professional editions) offer online learning experiences for free or at low cost. Those who want to widen their SAP expertise, and/or to gain a certification recognised in the industry, should register for the SAP Student Academy, and read that section to learn more.
- Access to the latest software - students have access to SAP S/4HANA ERP, Business Warehouse on HANA (BW on HANA), the HANA database itself, predictive analytics and data visualisation using SAP Lumira, and during the year, limited access to SAP CRM with Hybris Marketing.