Portsmouth School of Architecture
We are located within the University’s creative campus, which has a large central courtyard and we are lucky to enjoy large roof terraces with views of the sea. In addition, these proximities bring access to a wealth of facilities including:
The School of Architecture benefits from dedicated studios and a postgraduate centre. These are located in the excellent facilities of the new Eldon West building designed by Penoyre and Prasad Architects. The studios are light and airy, include kitchenettes and contain dedicated computer and digital projection facilities. The studios are both used for teaching and as social learning spaces augmented by extensive breakout gallery spaces.
- Large IT suites with Macs and PCs.
- 400 computers available with a wide range of CAD software including BIM modelling and environmental evaluation software.
- Dedicated workshop for working with, wood, plastics and metalwork including specialist equipment like: laser cutters, 3D printers, large wall saw for cutting sheet timber, forge and welding, painting spray booth and digital fabric printer.
- TV studio
- Animation studios
- Fabric printing and sewing
- Screen printing
- Photography and film loan store
- Art shop
- Printing facilities
- Exhibition spaces
We are currently purchasing a CNC milling machine, 3D scanner and a number of large touch screens for displaying work digitally.