Portsmouth School of Architecture
Mrs Emma Dalton
- Qualifications: BA (Hons), Grad. Dip. DP, Grad. Dip. Arch, CPPA, RIBA, FHEA
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer; Course Leader – Final Examination in Professional Practice (Part 3) Architecture
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 6476
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: Portsmouth School of Architecture
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
As a part time lecturer, I joined the Professional Practice teaching team at the School of Architecture in September 2009, combining teaching with running my own practice.
My time at university is split between running our Part 3 course, undergraduate studio tutoring, and supporting our graduates in practice. In addition, I am a professional examiner for the Part 3 courses at the University of Westminster, the University of Greenwich and Oxford Brookes University.
With a background in both commercial and private practice, I have a particular interest in live projects and the unique learning and teaching opportunities they provide.
- Course Leader, Final Examination in Professional Practice (Part 3) Architecture
- Unit Co-ordinator: Practice Management, Law and Contract (Unit 702), Professional Experience and Practice (Unit 704), and Oral Examination (Unit 706)
- Professional Practice Co-ordinator – Year 4, organising and hosting two all-day events throughout the year as support to our students in practice
- Studio and personal tutor, BA (Hons) Architecture – Year 3
With the Professional Practice team and in collaboration with Dublin University, we are currently researching and developing an online game/tool for delivering practice management skills to our Part 3 students.