Fully funded PhD bursaries
We’re offering EU and UK students up to 25 fully-funded PhD studentships across our five faculties for full-time PhD programmes starting in October 2018.
These studentships include a stipend of £14,553 a year.
We welcome applications for specific pre-approved projects linked to our areas of international and world-class research:
- Accounting, Economics and Finance
- Architecture, Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Art and Design
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical, Biomolecular and Pharmacy
- Business and Management
- Computing and Creative Technologies
- Dental Academy
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Education, Childhood and Youth Studies
- Film, Media and Performing Arts
- History, Sociology and Politics
- Modern Languages and Area Studies (including European Studies, Development Studies, History and Sociology)
- Sports and Exercise Science
With a thriving research community of more than 800 research students, there isn’t a better time to join one the top universities in the UK for postgraduate research student satisfaction – we achieved 86% overall satisfaction according to PRES 2017.
How to apply
- Select a subject area above to see what funded opportunities are available
- Apply online using our application form – please quote the relevant project code in your application form
The deadline to apply for these studentships for October 2018 entry is Sunday 11 February 2018 (midnight).
To apply online, you'll need to create an account. This gives you the flexibility to save the form, log out and return to it at any time convenient to you.
There's more information on how to apply on our applying postgraduate page.