Funded PhD opportunities
Open Call funding opportunities
- Application end date: 11 February 2018
- Funding Availability: Funded PhD project (EU/UK students only)
- Department: Department of Psychology
- PhD Supervisor: See advert for more information
The Department of Psychology is friendly, long established, and has leading researchers investigating a wide range of different topics. Our PhD students typically have at least 2 or 3 publications before they graduate. For some of our facilities, see our webpages.
We are currently offering bursaries linked to the following research areas:
Forensic Psychology - contact Dr Claire Nee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Situated Action and Communication - contact Professor Vasu Reddy (email@example.com)
Comparative and Evolutionary Psychology - contact Professor Bridget Waller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Quality of Life, Health and Wellbeing - contact Dr Clare Wilson (email@example.com)
- A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject or a Master's degree in an appropriate subject.
- Exceptionally, equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications will be considered.
- For those students without English as a first language or without a first degree from an English speaking University, an English Language Proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0 is required.
- International students are welcome to apply if they have their own funding in place, but must meet the entry requirements listed above
How to apply
A link to the online application form and comprehensive guidance notes can be found at www.port.ac.uk/pgapply.
For further information and advice about potential supervisors please contact Dr Alessandra Fasulo - Telephone: +44 (0) 23 9284 2034; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like further guidance on applying for our bursaries or would like to ask any questions about the research topic please use the ‘contact us’ box which can be found at the bottom of the research degree subject area pages.
Interview date: Interviews are expected to take place between the 1st and 15th of March, 2018
Start date: 1st October 2018.