Centre for European and International Studies Research (CEISR)
Applying for PhD / MPhil study
Our procedure in this regard is to ask you to:
- Write a 1000 word succinct summary of your chosen research topic indicating clearly what you hope to do.
- Contact us for an informal discussion about your intended PhD / MPhil research.
- If positive, complete a University application form online. You will need to provide references from your referees at this stage.
We will then assess your application and identify a potential Supervisor. You should hear from us within 3 weeks of the receipt of your application. If we decide to take your application further, you will normally be invited to interview. Intakes for MPhil/PhD are October and February each year. A guideline of things you should include in your research proposal are:
- Major research questions to be addressed and why
- Reasons for your interest in this particular area of research
- title for the field of your study
- methods of research
- identification of resources required
- intended outcome
- contribution to research
- references/literature review
Faculty Postgraduate Centre
The Postgraduate Centre offers a support base for students to assist with all aspects of admission. We very much welcome your interest in postgraduate research and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Telephone: +44 (0) 23 9284 6037