Institute of Industrial Research (IIR)
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
The fundamental principle behind KTP were established almost 30 years ago to enable businesses of all sizes and from almost all types of industry to take advantage of the expertise in Universities.
The KTP programmes last from 1 to 3 years, the DTI stated that these are the most successful knowledge transfer mechanism that the government offers UK business.
- Risk Based Inspection/Maintenance of Power Plants,
Industrial Partner: European Technolodgy Development Ltd (ETD)
- Creation of an Intelligent Search Engine to exact flight safety information from Aircraft Data,
Industrial partner: Flight Services Data Ltd. (Associate's website)
- Development of a software-based control and diagnostics system for PML’s “wheelmotors”, which replaces the complicated mechanical components including the gearbox of a conventional vehicle.
Industrial Partner: PML Flightlink Ltd.
Successfully Completed KTPs
- The design of intelligent software modules which provide remote access to the customer's site via the Internet,
Industrial partner: Eden Origin Ltd.
- Development of an online- machine diagnostics system,
Industrial partner: Infranor (UK) Ltd.
Won 2004 KTP Award for Engineering Excellence sponsored by the Royal Academy of Engineering.
- The design and implementation of a data communications system,
Industrial partner: Feedback Instruments Ltd.
- Development of a real-time control system for a multi-axes servo system,
Industrial partner: Heason Technologies Group Ltd.
- Develop a series of prototype modules for embedded mobile data loggers,
Industrial partner: Cold Chain Instruments Ltd.