School of Art and Design
Erasmus and Exchange Programmes
Erasmus is the European Commission's popular study and work exchange programme for Higher Education students, teachers and institutions across 33 countries within Europe. It is a fantastic, refreshing opportunity for students to study abroad and experience different countries, cultures, lifestyles and methods of learning.
To date, over 2 million students have benefited from the Erasmus scheme and that number is set to more than double with the European Commission's new programme, Erasmus Plus, from 2014.
Inspiration from Abroad
If you leave your country, landscapes look different, people dress differently, you will find different urban aesthetics and the daily design will not be the same than that at home. Every day your eyes are fed novelties and your inspiration is constantly fuelled. For instance:
- David Hockney had migrated from England to the USA where he gained worldwide fame through his paintings.
- Stefan Sagmeister first moved from Austria to Hong Kong and then settled in New York where he became one of the most influential graphic designers of our time.
- The iconic artist and photographer Man Ray left the USA to spend most of his career in Paris.
- For her studies, Mary Katrantzou – Greek fashion textile designer and Designer of the Year winner of British Fashion Awards 2015 – moved to the USA first and then to the UK.
- World famous illustrator Sue Coe was born in Tamworth but left England and went to New York at the age of 21.
Going abroad is enrichment for any designer, photographer or visual artist. Erasmus gives you the chance to experience living and learning abroad for a year without any risks. Give it some thought.
If you would like to join the School of Art and Design for your Erasmus study/placement, please contact the School of Art and Design (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A list of the units you can choose to study is available in the Study Courses and Units for Incoming Students section below.
If you are thinking of applying for Erasmus or have already been selected, a new Erasmus Moodle page will be available soon for you to find out all the information you need and read about the experience of other students.
Study Courses and Units for Incoming Students
|BA (Hons) Fashion and Textile Design||PDF 360KB|
|BA (Hons) Graphic Design||PDF 344KB|
|BA (Hons) Illustration||PDF 299KB|
|BA (Hons) Photography||PDF 307KB|