School of Art and Design
Mr Louis Netter
- Qualifications: MS
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer – BA (Hons) Illustration
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 5618
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Art and Design
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I have 10 years of teaching experience in higher education in the Art and Design and Education field. I have taught in US institutions such as Parsons New School of Design, SUNY Purchase, College of New Rochelle, and Westchester Community College. I am an illustrator, animator and printmaker with a diverse portfolio of published work, selected films, and group and solo exhibitions. A collection of my illustrated work was published as a book in 2008 and I have an upcoming graphic novel to be published in the spring of 2016. My research is focused on the flexible application of drawing in art and design and how reportage drawing is rooted in experience. I am pursuing an MPhil at the Royal College of Art.
I also have a personal website showcasing my illustration work.
I also maintain a blog at Life's Too Short for Nuance.
- Level 4 Coordinator
- Management of Level 4 unit Line and Colour and Narrative Illustration
- Management of Level 5 unit Sequential Illustration
- Lecture on all Level 4 and Level 5 units
- Tutor Dissertations and Major Research Projects for Level 6
Reportage drawings and a paper on reportage drawing have been published on the peer reviewed TRACEY (Loughborough’s Drawing and Visualisation research hub) and a research paper and presentation has been selected for the Drawing Research Network conference at Columbia University in New York in October 2013. Another paper is under review for the Journal of Illustration (Intellect). Ongoing research into reportage drawing and experience is being undertaken through Mphil study at The Royal College of Art.