School of Art and Design
Mr Richard Kolker
- Qualifications: MA
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer – BA (Hons) Photography
- Address: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Telephone: 023 9284 8484
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Art and Design
- Faculty: Creative and Cultural Industries
I graduated with an MA (Distinction) in Photography from LCC UAL in July 2009 after working as a commercial freelance photographer, specializing both in editorial and advertising food imagery, and lifestyle and portraiture for Getty Images, corporate and advertising clients. I began using computer generated imagery (CGI) commercially in 2006 and this has increasingly formed the basis of my commercial and fine arts practice. Recent CGI clients include Time Magazine, New York.
My previous posts include part-time lecturer at Bucks New University, High Wycombe and part-time Teaching Fellow in Fine Art Media at the Slade School of Fine Arts, University College London.
- Year group coordinator, Level 5.
- Unit coordinator, Creative Digital Photography (Level 4).
- Unit coordinator, Advanced Practice Research and Professional Practice (Level 6).
I am interested in how we engage and interact with immersive virtual environments, and explore this through the documentary and photographic use of computer generated imagery (CGI).
My work is also concerned with how CGI can be contextualised in both contemporary and historical visual fine art practice, with a particular emphasis to its relationship to photography. I am currently involved with the New Creative Markets programme at Fourcorners in London where I have a show opening in October 2013. I also have an exhibition at Ruoff Stiftung, Nürtingen, Germany, opening in November 2013.
Exhibiting widely and procuring research opportunities is a fundamental aspect of my practice. For more information, please visit my official site.