School of Biological Sciences
- Qualifications: BSc (Hons) Marine Biology with Polluted Ecosystems
- Role Title: Senior Technician & Health & Safety Co-ordinator
- Address: King Henry Building, King Henry 1st Street, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2DY
- Telephone: 023 9284 2026
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Biological Sceinces
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
Five years experience in UKAS 17025 accredited Laboratory Management, from starting out as a Microbiology Laboratory Analyst.
Over seven years experience in the water and environmental industry specialising in various microbiological analysis and water quality management.
- Legionella pneumophila in water systems
- Swimming pool water quality
- Potable water quality
- Monitoring discharge consents
- Bathing water quality including tracer surveys using microspheres, Bacillus atrophaeus subsp. globigii and Bacteriophages
Microbiological analysis techniques include membrane filtration, mutli-tube, pour plate, spread plate and overlay plates.
Additional skills include quality assurance development and management including analytical quality controls and trend monitoring, preparing methodology and subsequent method validation and general laboratory management.
September 2013- Taster grant to attend the Society of General Microbiology’s Autumn Conference.