School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Dr Isaac Boateng
- Qualifications: BEd Social Studies, PgDip Scandinavian Welfare Model, MSc Coastal & Marine Resource Management, PhD Geography
- Role Title: Senior Lecturer
- Address: Portland Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3AH
- Telephone: ++44 (0)23 9284 2910
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I am a keen individual with interdisciplinary knowledge. I gained a Bachelor of Education degree in Social Studies from the University of Cape Coast. Straight after my graduation in 2001, I was offered a scholarship to study at Roskilde University Centre, Denmark where I obtained a postgraduate diploma in Scandinavian Welfare Model.
After my graduation from Roskilde, I went back to Ghana and worked as lecturer in Kumasi Polytechnic. After a year there, I left for further studies at the University of Portsmouth; I was awarded a MSc in Coastal and Marine Resource Management in 2004, and a PhD in Geography in 2009.
While undertaking my doctoral research, I was appointed as a part-time Academic Skills Tutor in 2006, and a senior lecturer in 2007.
- Development and Valuation of Coastal and Ecological Resource, Level 7
- Coastal Properties, Environmental Hazards and Adaptation, Level 6
- Professional Development (Health & Safety and People Skills), Level 5
- Introduction to Professional Development, Level 4
- Mediation of Space, Making Of Place, Level 4
- Dissertation & Independent Project, Level 6
- Coastal sediment budget and shoreline management planning
- Applied coastal geomorphology and GIS
- Physical processes in the coastal and marine environment
- Integrated Coastal Zone Management
- Climate change impacts on coastal environment and coastal adaptation planning
- Valuation and management of non-market coastal resources and ecosystem services
- Coastal and marine resource management and marine spatial planning
Contact me for research collaborations, PhD supervision and assessment or examination of research projects relevant to my research interests.