School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Dr Jay Jayanandana
- Qualifications: BSc, PhD
- Role Title: Lecturer
- Address: Portland Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth (UK) PO1 3AH
- Telephone: ++44 (0)23 9284
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I joined the School of Civil Engineering and Surveying in September 2011 after working in the UK construction industry for more than 5 years. My main involvement in teaching is in construction and structural engineering subjects, as well as design projects within BEng, CEM and MEng programmes.
I worked as a Senior Engineer in the Technical Department of Tarmac Precast Concrete from 2005 to 2011 and was involved in the design and manufacture of precast and prestressed concrete for many major projects in the UK.
I served as a Technical Committee member of Concrete Bridge Development Group UK from 2007 to 2011. Prior to joining Tarmac Precast, I worked as an Academic in Civil and Structural Engineering at the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, for nearly 20 years. There I was engaged in teaching, research and consultancy. I also served as Chairman of Institute for Construction Training and Development, Sri Lanka (2000-2001).
- Construction Practice
- Conceptual Design Project
- Construction Management and Economics
- Structures 1 & Structures 2
- Integrated Design Project
- Integrating Project
- Project Evaluation and Development
- Precast concrete construction and technology,
- Quality and sustainability in construction
- Design and behaviour of prestressed concrete members
- Composite bridge decks using precast concrete beams
- High performance concrete applications for precast construction