School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Dr Laurie Clough
- Qualifications: MEng PhD
- Role Title: Teaching Fellow
- Address: Portland Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth PO1 3AH UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2409
- Email: email@example.com
- Department: School of Civil Engineering & Surveying
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I worked as a Graduate Structural Engineer at Arup in Southampton from 2007 from 2010 after which I worked for Avize in Romsey as a Principal Engineer (2010-2011) and for Alan Wood & Partners in York as an Engineer (2011-2012).
I undertook a PhD in blast and thermal effects on steel structures at the University of Southampton from 2012 to 2015.
I teach engineering and design for the School of Civil Engineering and Surveying and the School of Engineering. I teach computer-aided drawing, hand drawing and design, Building Information Modelling and finite element analysis.
The units I am involved with are:
- Professional Development 3 (AutoCAD), Level 6
- Engineering Materials and Design, Level 3
- Building Information Modelling, Level 5
- Integrated BIM Projects and Corporate Management (Revit), Level 7
- Design of Bridges (Finite Element Analysis), Level 6
- Dissertation and Independent Project, Level 6
- Research Methods and Individual Project, Level 6
- MEng Individual Research Project, Level 7
My main research interests are investigating the combined response of steel structures to thermal and blast loads.