School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
Mr Samuel Leung
- Qualifications: MSc, FHEA, MCInstCES, MRICS
- Role Title: Senior Teaching Fellow
- Address: Portland Building, Portland Street, Portsmouth PO1 3AH UK
- Telephone: +44 (0)23 9284 2195
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department: School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty: Faculty of Technology
I teach students on undergraduate courses in civil engineering, quantity surveying and property development. I co-teach the surveying and CAD components of Professional Development Unit 1. I also organise and lead the fieldwork for the civil engineering unit that takes place over a week at the National Construction College during the revision period. I am one of the main supervisors for undergraduate and MSc student projects in GIS and surveying.
My main research interests are Building Information Management (BIM), geomatics and land surveying. I have researched extensively in population movement and modelling using publicly available government data at national and international levels. Combining geospatial background, the convergence of BIM and GIS, as well as the other timely technological advancements brought forwards by many smart sensors, I plan to continue my work in the area of smart urban analytics and its implications for civil engineers and surveyors in the future.